1. Clean bathtub and remove caulking.
2. Vacuum bathtub.
3. Mask around the bathtub and cover areas not to be refinished.
4. Cover or remove fixtures and overflow cover.
5. Lightly sand entire bathtub.
6. etched with acid and apply bonding agent to help the coatings adhere.
7. Fill chipped, scratched, or worn areas, then sand smooth.
8. Put down drop-cloths and covers over cabinets, sinks, fixtures, toilet, etc.
9. Spray-paint up to 3 coats of a primer; let dry.
10. Between 3-4 layers of top coat mixture are spray-painted on bathtubs or tiles.